I’m tired of New Year’s resolutions. either you can only make one (or maybe two) or you find yourself overwhelmed with too much to change too quickly.
Instead, I became interested in selecting twelve different resolutions and focusing on one each month. That gives me 12 chances a year to learn a new skill, finish a task, or acquire an new habit.
Why thirty days?
- It’s concrete, measurable goal
- You can put up with anything for 30 days
- It’s long enough to start a new habit, but short enough to see the end
- Humans like “new starts” (new year, new millenium, new month)
- Lets you tackle all those things you want/should do in manageable chunks